Friday, January 21, 2011

Roger Ebert's Post Cancer Prosthesis

After battling jaw cancer, photos of Roger Ebert's reconstructed face have just been released.

Of the new look, the 68-year-old wrote on his blog, that it was a "two-year process that has now resulted with my coming into possession of a silicone prosthesis." This device [fits] over my lower face and neck and colored to match my skin."

He went on to say, "I will wear the prosthesis on the new television show ? that's not to fool anyone, because my appearance is widely known. It will be a pleasant reminder of the person I was for 64 years."

"Symbolically, it's as if my illness never happened and, hey, here I still am, on the show with these new kids," he added. "When people see the 'Roger's Office' segment, they'll notice my voice more than my appearance."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/roger-eberts-post-cancer-prosthesis-461867

Dido Diora Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment