Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jennifer Lopez's 'On The Floor' Will Be 'A Big One,' Producer RedOne Predicts

Lady Gaga collaborator calls new 'American Idol' judge 'a true artist.'
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Matt Elias


Jennifer Lopez
Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/ Getty Images

Jennifer Lopez might be a new judge on "American Idol," but let's not forget she's also a pop star. For her new club banger, "On the Floor," J.Lo teamed up with Pitbull and red-hot producer RedOne. The producer tells MTV News that for his work with the singer, he thought big. Let's face it: With J.Lo, you have to go big or go home.

"I love J.Lo. I've always been a big fan. She's a true star. They asked me to work with her and I was like, 'Absolutely,' " he explained. "She's one of those that I've always admired. What she's done with the music and film and everything, she's a true artist — a 360 artist.

"It was natural for me to get into the studio with her," he continued. "I'm excited about J.Lo's 'On the Floor.'... It's getting the most incredible reaction. I'm happy for her."

RedOne knew that if he was going to make a smash for the star, there would be several elements involved: dance, parties and her Latina heritage. He hoped to capture it all on the club-ready track, which samples Kaoma's worldwide hit "Lambada," and definitely has a Latin flare.

"She's a dancer. She can sing. I was really amazed, and I had so much fun working with her," he gushed. "Her energy and everything about her is a star, and it was natural for me to do what we did.

"Of course, she's global: She's a global artist," he continued. "She's a global actress, and the music has to be global, and the rhythmic side of it or the Latin and this thing of a dancer [all has to be there].

"She said, 'I want to dance. I want to make people dance and be able to sing with me.' That's what we did, and it feels good. I think we're going to have a big one."

What do you think of "On the Floor"? Give us your review in the comments below!

Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1656277/jennifer-lopezs-on-floor-will-be-big-one-producer-redone-predicts.jhtml

Scarlett Chorvat Scarlett Johansson Selita Ebanks Shakara Ledard

No comments:

Post a Comment